Drones are increasingly evolving within the global market, occupying an important position and bringing new improvements and tools for different types of uses. This resulted in different types of drones for specific functions. Therefore, when you go to buy a drone, first investigate which drone best suits your needs according to the tools, configurations and accessories it provides. For that reason, I bring you here what types of drone you can buy and what are the uses you can give them.
- Toy drones: These drones are usually the simplest version of these devices. Their small sizes and the low cost they have make these drones recurring gifts for children. Its only function is to fly at short distances and its materials are mainly made of plastic, as well as bringing a built-in battery so it makes them the safest type of drone (Still, you have to be careful with their propellers!). If you are going to buy one of these drones, try to come from a recognized brand because they are very simple to double in drones of lower quality, taking the risk that your battery system will be damaged quickly, be more dangerous or easily destroyed with the hits.
- Hobbie drones: These are the average drones that you can find in the market and, from these drones, the concepts of reach, speed, autonomy and camera begin to take importance. Fortunately, this type of drones has the largest variety, offering you a wide range of options to choose from according to your needs and preferences. These drones can touch the line between the usual and the professional, since multiple drones of this type have the necessary tools and functions to be included as a work tool in different fields such as photography, construction, security, promotions and sales, among other.
- Professional drones: From this point we can see how drones can have very specific improvements in each of their functions for different very specific functions, so these drones can have a very different size and weight. The cameras have much better resolution and some drones can be incorporated with specific cameras or lenses such as infrared lenses, 3D mapping or for the film industry. The rotors of these drones can be much less noisy. They have greater autonomy, range and battery life. And finally, and essential in any professional drone, it is an advanced GPS system, improved location and location functions, better device control and complementary applications to improve the experience of using your device.
- Selfie drones: While most of the drones come with a camera and with everyone we can make selfies, a selfie drone is to take with you to friends, excursions, etc. and you should be able to carry it comfortably in a small backpack, even in the pocket. Most of the selfie drones are foldable and in addition to this they do not require radio control to drive it. They can be driven with your mobile and even through gestures. Not having to necessarily carry the radio control makes it much easier to transport the drone. These drones are controlled from your mobile or tablet, compatible for both Android and iOS (they can also be monitored with the radio control) and it is on the mobile screen where you can see in real time the images captured by the drone camera and choose The best take. There are selfie drones for each and every one of the pockets, from really cheap drones suitable to start, to drones with professional possibilities.
- Racing drone: These uses were not originally planned for drones, but which has recently gained a lot of boom due to the fascination of its theme, are drone racing. And it is that these races are a combination of speed, technology and skill that has been most attractive to a very varied audience. This fever for drone racing had its professional start with the birth of the “Drone Racing League”, a group made up of the best drone drivers worldwide who compete in different stages races with cumulative scores, to demonstrate their skills in handling these devices.
Remember that for any of these uses (except toy drones) you must be certified as a pilot and follow without fail the regulations established by the law of your country. For the United States, we have classes so you can pass Part 107! Look at our website and find out everything about our classes!