10 tips to take amazing photos with your drone
Flying drone for aerial photography
One of the most common uses that pilots give to drones is photography, thanks to the ease that these devices have to reach unique shots of a place. From forested and natural landscapes to urban centers and large cities, drones have given us the chance to see the world we know from a totally new perspective. But be careful, to be able to obtain a photograph of this caliber one must have knowledge and a lot of practice. Therefore, I want to give you 10 practical tips on this occasion so that you can achieve great photographs that are successful in social networks.
- Composition: A good photographic composition can make a difference to take pictures like a professional. It is a concept that must be studied very thoroughly because it is something that is not easy to master. To locate the landscape perfectly within a painting needs practice and patience, but the efforts will be totally worth it when your photographs capture impressive images!
- Higher is not always better: It all depends on the objective you want to photograph, but too broad a perspective can make you lose what you really want to show the world. Experiment with different heights until you find one that generates dynamism in relation to the object to be displayed. Your drone has the ability to give you different perspectives with ease, make the most of this!
- Use Google Earth!: Google Earth has a lot of utilities for your drone! You can transmit images and perform satellite mappings and capture stunning 3D images! It is a very practical tool for work and for leisure!
- Recommended application – PhotoPills: PhotoPills is an application similar to Google Earth, but with a much wider repertoire of photographic tools! As well as reports of environmental conditions and the environment. Very ideal to blow your imagination to the entire world without limits!
- Reduce the noise of your photos: The sensors of many drones are small and can produce noise, so a very good option to obtain clean photos is to reduce the noise. To do this you must take your skills as an editor, take with your drone at least 5 photos in burst, stack them in Photoshop and average them with the software to obtain a much higher quality image.
- Panoramic photos: While a photo from the heights offers a wide view of the landscape, you can take unique, artistic and creative photographs with the panoramic option of your drone. These photos are standing out through social networks thanks to new ways of seeing the world within a 360º or 180º spectrum.
- Know the weather conditions: Although it is a widely used advice for the safety of you and your drone in order to avoid accidents or losses, for photography this advice is more optimistic. The weather can play for you to get incredible shots! Sunny days, fogs, snowfall, can give you games of lights, colors and shadows that will make your photos a work of art!
- Bracketing: Bracketing is a very useful tool to use with our drone. Due to the still suspension of the drone in the air, you can take the time to take different photographs by changing the ways of exposure of light, focus or white balance!
- Ideal configuration: To have good photos you must have an optimal configuration of the camera of your drone. Try to keep the drone in ISO 100. If you have an adjustable aperture, use f / 4-f / 5.6 and use a filter poralizer in case you want to photograph water sources.
- Be confident!: At the beginning it can cause a bit of fear because of the large number of options, settings, tools and modes you have in your hand. But don’t be afraid to try each one of them, adapt to the multiple functionalities of your device and explore it with time and patience! Step by step, you will be a great photographer with your drone!
Based on the info found on: https://www.dronedj.com/